The Clapton CFC women’s first team return to action after a long Christmas break with a home cup tie at the Stray Dog on Sunday.
The team have not played in over a month, since that history-making FA Cup Third Round game away at Plymouth Argyle.
We will host familiar opposition as division rivals Regents Park Rangers make their second trip to Walthamstow in the space of a few months.
The teams met in the Greater London Women’s Football League Premier in November, with the Tons winning 4-2 on the third grass pitch at Wadham Lodge – aka the Lost Dog.
Since then Rangers have grabbed an impressive draw against promotion challengers Bromley but lost in the John Greenacre Memorial Trophy against AFC Leyton.
Whoever wins this third round of the Capital Women’s Intermediate Cup will visit either Sutton United U23 or Dulwich Hamlet Reserves in the quarter-final.
The victors of that game will be at home in the semi-finals against either Welling United, Enfield Town Development, Sutton United or AFC Acorns.
This will be our first game in this cup this season, having been handed a bye in the first round and then Whyteleafe Development pulling out of our second round tie.
Watch out in particular for Regents Park Rangers sharpshooters Georgiana Wagemann, 7 goals in 4 games, and Natalia Debek, 9 in 10.
There will be a winner on the day, with the game going straight to penalties if it’s level at 90 minutes.
Clapton CFC vs Regents Park Rangers is on Sunday, January 16 2022 at 2pm at the Stray Dog, Wadham Lodge, Kitchener Road, Walthamstow.
Advanced tickets are not needed, you can just turn up. Entry as usual is free but with donations welcome, with a suggested £3 for waged adults for competitive games.
We will have a mini programme available for free, donations welcome.
We are collecting for our charity partners Magpie Project but it’s toiletries only, they can’t accept foodbank donations right now.
- Please do not attend if you are ill, have symptoms, tested positive, been told to self-isolate or have been pinged
- If you’re arriving by public transport, a reminder that face masks are still compulsory unless exempt
- Spectators are encouraged to wear face masks indoors, such as when visiting the bar or toilets
- There’s hand sanitiser at the entrance and a QR code for those checking in on the app
- Free NHS lateral flow tests are available and we recommend you take a test before the game
- Please follow the signs around the site and instructions from matchday volunteers
- Spread out around the ground as much as you can
- Wadham Lodge is about 20 minutes walk from Walthamstow Central station. Turn onto Hoe Street and follow the road all the way along (past the junction with The Bell pub) until Chingford Lane. Continue past Sir George Monoux 6th Form College and take the first right onto Brookscroft Road then left onto Kitchener Road.
- You can catch a bus along that route too. The 357, 34, 97, 215 will all take you to the top of Brookscroft Road from Walthamstow Central. It will take about 12 minutes.
- There’s also car parking space available at the ground or on streets nearby.
The Capital Women’s Intermediate Cup draw in full
- AFC Wimbledon Ladies U23 2 Sutton United Women 5
- Dorking Wanderers FC Ladies 5 Leatherhead FC Women 1
- Welling United FC Women v Victoire Women H/W
- Clapton CFC v Whyteleafe FC Ladies Development H/W
- A.F.C. Acorns Women 4 Comets 3
- Sutton United Women 11 Abbey Rangers FC Ladies 1
- Glebe Ladies 0 Regents Park Rangers 3
- Walton Casuals Ladies 2 Brentford FC Women 3
- Enfield Town Ladies Thirds 0 Hackney Women 3
- London Bees WFC Reserves Women 1 Islington Borough Ladies FC 1 – 6-7 on pens
- Woking (Youth & Academy) Ladies 4 Edgware Town Ladies 2
- Enfield Town Ladies Development 8 London Seaward FC Reserve Women 1
- Ashmount Leigh Women 2 Badshot Lea Ladies 2 – 2-1 on pens
- Dulwich Hamlet Ladies Reserves 3 Sport London E Benfica Ladies 3 – 3-1 on pens
- Actonians Ladies U21 0 Sutton United Women U23 12
- Clapham United Women 0 Headstone Manor Ladies 2
- Walton Casuals Ladies Reserves v Denham United Ladies Reserves H/W
Third round – January 16
- Clapton CFC -v- Regents Park Rangers
- Sutton United Women U23 -v- Dulwich Hamlet Ladies Reserves
- Ashmount Leigh Women -v- Islington Borough Ladies FC
- Woking (Youth & Academy) Ladies -v- Hackney Women
- Welling United FC Women -v- Enfield Town Ladies Development
- Sutton United Women -v- A.F.C. Acorns Women
- Headstone Manor Ladies -v- Brentford FC Women
- Walton Casuals Ladies Reserves -v- Dorking Wanderers FC Ladies
Quarter-Final – February 20
- Sutton United Women U23 or Dulwich Hamlet Ladies Reserves -v- Clapton CFC or Regents Park Rangers
- Woking (Youth & Academy) Ladies or Hackney Women -v- Ashmount Leigh Women or Islington Borough Ladies FC
- Walton Casuals Ladies Reserves or Dorking Wanderers FC Ladies -v- Headstone Manor Ladies or Brentford FC Women
- Welling United FC Women or Enfield Town Ladies Development -v- Sutton United Women or A.F.C. Acorns Women
Semi-Final – March 20
Woking (Youth & Academy) Ladies or Hackney Women or Ashmount Leigh Women or slington Borough Ladies FC
Walton Casuals Ladies Reserves or Dorking Wanderers FC Ladies or Headstone Manor Ladies or Brentford FC Women
Sutton United Women U23 or Dulwich Hamlet Ladies Reserves or Clapton CFC or Regents Park Rangers
Welling United FC Women or Enfield Town Ladies Development or Sutton United Women or A.F.C. Acorns Women
Final – Date TBC