Clapton’s women’s first team will be looking to continue their highly positive start to the season when they welcome Enfield Town Ladies Reserves to the Stray Dog on Sunday.
Three wins on the bounce have taken the Tons to the top of the league. But after the thrashings of Crystal Palace Development and Regents Park Rangers, they had to dig deep to break down Hampton and Richmond Borough last weekend.
This weekend’s visitors are playing their first season in the GLWFL Premier, replacing Luton Town Reserves. They have had a win, a loss and a draw in their three games so far. They went down 2-1 to Islington Borough on the opening day.
But since then things have been looking up with a 1-1 draw away to Dulwich Hamlet Reserves and a 2-1 win over Crystal Palace Development.
This will be the second meeting between the teams since AFC Stoke Newington turned into Clapton.
To get to know the options better, the Tons played an entirely different team in each half. As such, the scoreline on that occasion may not tell us too much.
In the 2018/19 season, when Stoke Newington finished second to earn promotion from the GLWFL Division North 2, Enfield were just one place behind.
Clapton CFC vs Enfield Town Reserves in the Greater London Women’s Football League Premier Division is on Sunday, October 11th 2020, kick off 2pm.
Due to ongoing Covid-19 restrictions and our efforts to keep games as safe as possible for everyone present, the match will be ticketed with a strict maximum attendance
If you’re coming, you need to follow our Covid-19 guidelines.
Before the day
- Entry is only by advanced ticket from claptoncfc.co.uk/store, which will be available for purchase soon.
- Members will be given the opportunity to book first, via the newsletter, before we post on social media. Not a member? Sign up or renew now.
- There will be a maximum of 200 tickets available for this one, with a maximum of four per person.
- The details entered when booking tickets will only be used, if necessary, for NHS Track and Trace.
- Entry as usual is free, but with donations welcome. If you wish to donate, you can do so when you book the ticket or in a bucket at the entrance (please bring exact money, no change).
- We will have a list of ticket-holders, but please bring your ticket confirmation with you (particularly your order number) on your phone or printed out.
- Please only book tickets if you are definitely attending the game. If circumstances change and you can’t make it, contact us email@example.com for a refund and so we can resell the ticket to someone else.
On the day
- Do not attend if you have Covid-19 symptoms
- Follow all guidance on travelling and social distancing in getting to Wadham Lodge
- Mask up on public transport and ideally at the ground too, particularly when passing other spectators and if singing
- Kick off is at 2pm and gates open at 1pm. Remember that entry will take a bit longer so please come earlier than usual.
- Please have your ticket booking number ready (either a print-out or on your phone) so we can tick you off the list.
- There will be QR codes at the entrance for those with the NHS Covid-19 app to check in.
- We will do no-contact digital thermometer at the entrance, Please sanitise your hands there too.
- A mini-programme will be on sale in exchange for a donation, suggested £1, in a collection bucket.
- When you are inside, please make sure you space out 2 metres around the ground. We can’t allow people to congregate in groups outside their own social bubble.
- If you’re closer to 2 metres to someone else, for instance while walking past others. we encourage you to wear a face mask
- Please keep walkways clear so people can walk around the ground easily.
- The Matchday Centre bar won’t be open and they have asked that no alcohol be brought to the game,
- There is no ban on singing, flag waving etc but please be sensible, keep your distance and wear a mask if possible.
- The toilets can be accessed by the side door in the car park – look out for the signs. If you have access issues, you can go up the ramp into the reception instead. You’ll need a mask when indoors.
- Please follow the signs around the ground and instructions from Clapton CFC matchday volunteers on the day. It’s a thankless task and your co-operation will be appreciated.
- The Comms committee will be looking to live stream the game on YouTube for those that can’t make it.
- The Stray Dog is our name for the intermediate pitch at Wadham Lodge
- Wadham Lodge is about 20 minutes walk from Walthamstow Central station. Turn onto Hoe Street and follow the road all the way along (past the junction with The Bell pub) until Chingford Lane. Continue past Sir George Monoux 6th Form College and take the first right onto Brookscroft Road then left onto Kitchener Road.
- You can catch a bus along that route too. The 357, 34, 97, 215 will all take you to the top of Brookscroft Road from Walthamstow Central. It will take about 12 minutes.
- There’s also plenty of car parking space available at the ground.