The Clapton CFC women’s first team are at home for the first time in three weeks on Sunday looking to remain in top spot.
While it’s tempting for minds to wander to a certain Women’s FA Cup first round tie next weekend, there’s also the promotion hunt to consider.
The Tons are unbeaten but the table is tight with Bromley able to leapfrog us if they win games in hand, and Headstone Manor and Islington Borough in close pursuit.
Regents Park Rangers have been in the Greater London Women’s Football League for ten years. This is our third ever meeting but the first time they’ve visited us.
In September 2020, we drew 1-1 away at their Barn Elms home pitch thanks to a headed goal from a Zhane Amoaten.
The latter goal was a superb free-kick captured in the photo at the top of the page that was immortalised in stickers.
This season, RPR have had mixed results, with positive being a big win against Enfield Town Thirds, a walkover against Walton Casuals Reserves and a good draw against Sutton United U23s.
They lost heavily in the FA Cup at higher division Hastings in front of an excellent crowd of 247.
Their games are goal fests with names to watch including Georgiana Wagemann with seven goals so far, and Natalia Debek on six.
Clapton CFC vs Regents Park Rangers is on Sunday, November 7 2021 at 2pm at Wadham Lodge, Kitchener Road, Walthamstow.
We will be playing the game on the third grass pitch at Wadham Lodge, aka the LRT Sports Ground. It’s only 50 yards away from the car park.
There is no cover but the forecast is good, so what better way to spend a Sunday than watching Clapton in a park.
Advanced tickets are not needed, you can just turn up. Entry as usual is free but with donations welcome, with a suggested £3 for waged adults.
We are collecting for our charity partners Magpie Project but it’s toiletries only, they can’t accept foodbank donations right now.
We will have a mini programme available for suggested £1 donation.
The pandemic is by no means over and not every adult has had the chance to have both jabs yet. So although the government and FA have scrapped all rules, we are continuing with the safety measures below. We want everyone to feel safe and comfortable.
- If you’re arriving by public transport, a reminder that face masks are still compulsory unless exempt
- Spectators are encouraged to wear face masks indoors, such as when visiting the bar or toilets
- There’s hand sanitiser at the entrance and a QR code for those checking in on the app
- Free NHS lateral flow tests are available if you wish to take a test before the game
- Please follow the signs around the site and instructions from matchday volunteers
- Spread out around the ground as much as you can
Please do not attend if…
- You are ill or have symptoms of Covid-19 (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- You’ve tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 10 days or someone you live with has symptoms or tested positive
- You’ve been told you’ve been in contact with someone who tested positive by NHS Test and Trace or pinged by the NHS COVID-19 app
- You have arrived from abroad (not including Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or other parts of the UK) and are within your required quarantine period.
- Wadham Lodge is about 20 minutes walk from Walthamstow Central station. Turn onto Hoe Street and follow the road all the way along (past the junction with The Bell pub) until Chingford Lane. Continue past Sir George Monoux 6th Form College and take the first right onto Brookscroft Road then left onto Kitchener Road.
- You can catch a bus along that route too. The 357, 34, 97, 215 will all take you to the top of Brookscroft Road from Walthamstow Central. It will take about 12 minutes.
- There’s also car parking space available at the ground or on streets nearby.