The men’s first team’s league campaign kicks off on 26th September, but before then there is time for one more friendly on the 19th – against regular foes NW London.
This will be the sixth meeting of these two sides, who were of course promoted together.
The last time the two teams met was on a wet November evening in 2019, the sky was lit up by fireworks. The Tons walked away with the three points after Jack Francis produced saves “as good as scoring goals” in a 1-0 win.
As well as being evenly matched on the field, both teams have Rage Sport as a kit supplier. This season, they bear a powerful message on the front…
We are welcoming supporters at the game. A maximum of 250 tickets are available to book here, up from 150 from the past men’s team friendly.
NW London’s most recent friendly also came against a team from a higher division. But they managed to come back from 3-1 down to seal an impressive 5-3 victory against Rayners Lane FC.
Their other pre-season results have been a really mixed bag. For instance, they beat AEK London, drew with fellow MCFL Premier side Kensington Dragons and went down to a freak 9-0 defeat to Sevenoaks Town. An early doors injury to their goalkeeper – with no backup on the bench – might have had something to do with that last one!
Clapton CFC vs NW London friendly is at the Wadham Lodge Stadium, Walthamstow, on Saturday, September 19th 2020, kick off 3pm.
Before the day
- Entry is only by advanced ticket from claptoncfc.co.uk/store
- There will be a maximum of 250 tickets available for this one, with a maximum of four per person if you are booking for your household ‘bubble’.
- The details entered when booking tickets will only be used, if necessary, for NHS Track and Trace.
- Members will be given the opportunity to book first, via the newsletter, before we post on social media. Not a member? Sign up or renew now.
- Entry as usual is free, but with donations welcome. If you wish to donate, you can do so when you book the ticket or in a bucket at the entrance (please bring exact money, no change).
- We will have a list of ticket-holders, but please bring your ticket confirmation with you on your phone or printed out.
- Please only book tickets if you are definitely attending the game. If circumstances change and you can’t make it, contact us email@example.com for a refund and so we can resell the ticket to someone else.
On the day
- Follow all guidance on travelling and social distancing in getting to the Wadham Lodge Stadium (Mask up on public transport).
- Kick off is at 3pm and gates open at 2pm. Remember that entry will take a bit longer so please come earlier than the usual last minute rush.
- Maintain two metre distance in the queue at the stadium entrance. We will do no-contact digital thermometer and ticket checks there you can sanitise your hands.
- When you are inside, please make sure you space out 2m around the ground. Remember the ‘rule of six’ – we can’t allow people to congregate in groups outside their own social bubble.
- If you’re sitting in the stands, please keep two seats and a row clear from anyone outside of your bubble.
- Please keep the middle of the three terrace steps empty, and stand on the first step or back step only, to allow 2m distancing. Please also keep walkways clear so people can walk around the ground easily.
- The Matchday Centre bar won’t be open and they have asked that no alcohol be brought to the game, There is no ban on singing, flag waving etc but please be sensible and keep your distance.
- The toilets can be accessed by the side door in the car park – look out for the signs. If you have access issues, you can go up the ramp into the reception instead. You’ll need a mask when indoors.
- Please follow the signs around the ground and instructions from Clapton CFC matchday volunteers on the day. It’s a thankless task and your co-operation will be appreciated.
- The Comms committee will be looking to live stream the game on YouTube for those that can’t make it.
- Wadham Lodge Stadium is about 20 minutes walk from Walthamstow Central station. Turn onto Hoe Street and follow the road all the way along (past the junction with The Bell pub) until Chingford Lane. Continue past Sir George Monoux 6th Form College and take the first right onto Brookscroft Road then left onto Kitchener Road.
- You can catch a bus along that route too. The 357, 34, 97, 215 will all take you to the top of Brookscroft Road from Walthamstow Central. It will take about 12 minutes.
- There’s also plenty of car parking space available at the ground.