Saturday, July 24 sees a home rematch with ambitious Step 8 side Dunmow Town, who we hosted in a behind-closed-doors friendly last summer. Get your tickets here.
That game – one of their first after being founded last summer – ended with a comfortable 3-0 win for Dunmow who play in the Essex & Suffolk Border League Division One.
A clear sign of the Royals’ ambition to progress quickly up the pyramid is that they are ground-sharing with Conference South side Braintree Town.
Their promotion push was curtailed by the season being abandoned, but they did win their post-season cup competition.
Recently they parted company with manager Allan Fenn, the former Clapton FC player and Ilford boss, replaced by Kevin Christou, formerly of Tring Athletic and Hullbridge Sports.
This pre-season they’ve beaten Step 7 side Colne Athletic 2-0 while losing narrowly 6-4 to Step 7 Ongar Town and 2-1 to Step 5 Hoddesden Town.
This fixture is a late change after Fisher had to withdraw from the game. We look forward to playing our fan-owned friends from Bermondsey another time.
Clapton CFC vs Dunmow Town is on Saturday, July 24 2021 at 2pm at Wadham Lodge 3G, Matchday Centres, Kitchener Road, Walthamstow.
The match will be on the 3G at Wadham Lodge, with space limited, so we will be selling advanced tickets as normal.
The 3G pitch has no cover, and you may need to stand outside the cage. If you’re coming, you need to follow our guidelines.
Before the day
- Entry is by advanced ticket from the Clapton CFC online store – get them here.
- There will be a maximum of 100 tickets available for this one, with a maximum of four per person.
- Entry as usual is free, but with donations welcome, with a suggested £2 for first team friendlies for waged adults.
- If you wish to donate, you can do so when you book the ticket or in a bucket at the entrance (please bring exact money, no change).
- We will have a list of ticket-holders, but please bring your ticket confirmation with you (particularly your order number) on your phone or printed out.
- If circumstances change and you can’t make the game, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org for a refund and so we can resell the ticket to someone else.
On the day
- Do not attend if you have Covid-19 symptoms.
- Follow all guidance on travelling and social distancing in getting to Wadham Lodge.
- Please have your ticket order number ready (a print-out, on your phone or memorised) so we can tick you off the list quickly. It should be a five-digit number,
- We will do a no-contact digital thermometer check when you arrive. Please sanitise your hands there too.
- There are QR codes at Wadham Lodge for those with the NHS Covid-19 app to check in.
- As it is a friendly there will be no Clapton CFC matchday programme.
- Please make sure you space out 2 metres around the 3G pitch.
- The toilets can be accessed by the side door in the car park – look out for the signs. If you have access issues, you can go up the ramp into the reception instead.
- Please follow the signs and instructions from Clapton CFC matchday volunteers on the day. It’s a thankless task and your cooperation will be appreciated.
- Wadham Lodge is about 20 minutes walk from Walthamstow Central station. Turn onto Hoe Street and follow the road all the way along (past the junction with The Bell pub) until Chingford Lane. Continue past Sir George Monoux 6th Form College and take the first right onto Brookscroft Road then left onto Kitchener Road.
- You can catch a bus along that route too. The 357, 34, 97, 215 will all take you to the top of Brookscroft Road from Walthamstow Central. It will take about 12 minutes.
- There’s also plenty of car parking space available at the ground.