Our women’s first team’s season unfortunately ended before we had a chance to say our proper goodbyes to the 2020/2021 season.
So we’re very pleased to share that we’re hosting an end of season finale at the Stray Dog on Sunday, 30 May – and you are invited!
The Tons will do their best to beat our guests, the New London Lionesses’ Development Team, who currently play in the Greater London Women’s Football League, Divison 2 North.
But it’s also a final opportunity to congratulate the team on a fantastic third placed finish, mostly played behind closed doors.
The friendly will be followed by an awards ceremony for all our football teams – the men’s and women’s first teams, development teams, beginners’ team and 5s teams.
If the men’s first team have won the Middlesex Super 6 League – we are still in with a shout depending on the result of AEK London vs Sporting Hackney on Saturday – then the trophy will be presented on Sunday too,
Clapton CFC vs New London Lionesses Development is on Sunday, 30 May 2021 at 2pm at the Stray Dog, Wadham Lodge, Walthamstow.
Due to ongoing Covid-19 restrictions and our efforts to keep games as safe as possible for everyone present, we are asking spectators to pick up tickets in advance. Book yours here.
If you’re coming, you need to follow our Covid-19 guidelines.
Before the day
- Entry is only by advanced ticket from claptoncfc.co.uk/store
- There will be a maximum of 300 tickets available.
- The details entered when booking tickets will only be used, if necessary, for NHS Track and Trace.
- Entry as usual is free, but with donations welcome. If you wish to donate, you can do so when you book.
- Please only book tickets if you are definitely attending the game. If circumstances change and you can’t make it, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org for a refund and so we can resell the ticket to someone else.
On the day
- Do not attend if you have Covid-19 symptoms
- Follow all guidance on travelling and social distancing in getting to Wadham Lodge
- Mask up on public transport and ideally at the match too, particularly when passing other spectators and if singing
- Kick off is at 2pm but we need you to come as early as possible, any time after 1pm. Remember that entry will take longer.
- Please bring your ticket order number (a print-out or on your phone)
- There are QR codes at Wadham Lodge for those with the NHS Covid-19 app to check in.
- If you didn’t donate when you booked the ticket, you are welcome to chuck a few quid in a bucket at the entrance
- Please make sure you space out 2 metres as much as you can. If you’re closer, we strongly encourage you to wear a face mask
- You may find it easier to guarantee 2m distance in the open areas than on the terrace
- The toilets can be accessed by the side door in the car park – look out for the signs. If you have access issues, you can go up the ramp into the reception instead. You’ll need a mask when indoors.
- Please follow the signs and instructions from Clapton CFC matchday volunteers on the day. It’s a thankless task and your cooperation will be appreciated.
- If circumstances change and you or one of your party can’t make it, please contact us at email@example.com for a refund and so we can release another ticket for sale. Even on the day of the game.
- The Comms committee will be looking to live stream the game on YouTube for those that can’t make it.
- Wadham Lodge is about 20 minutes walk from Walthamstow Central station. Turn onto Hoe Street and follow the road all the way along (past the junction with The Bell pub) until Chingford Lane. Continue past Sir George Monoux 6th Form College and take the first right onto Brookscroft Road then left onto Kitchener Road.
- You can catch a bus along that route too. The 357, 34, 97, 215 will all take you to the top of Brookscroft Road from Walthamstow Central. It will take about 12 minutes.
- There’s also plenty of car parking space available at the ground.