This will be our first game against Walton Casuals Reserves – although the line-up may be more familiar than it first seems.
The Casuals first team are without a fixture and their whole squad is registered for the reserves too, so we expect to face a very strong side.
Walton Casuals only formed in 2018 and it’s been pretty much non-stop success ever since with two promotions for both the first team and reserves team.
Their first team topped our division for the last two seasons, barely dropping a point and were deservedly awarded promotion.
Last season they won every game except one – a 3-0 defeat at Clapton CFC. The season before we’d run them close but lost 2-1 and 3-1.
The Walton Casuals reserves, meanwhile, had a successful first season, winning a league and cup double,
Last season they were awarded their second promotion after a fourth-placed finish in the division below, just behind Bromley and Sutton United U23s,
They’ve found it tough so far this season, however, with narrow defeats against Comets and Enfield Town Thirds, and heavier losses against Bromley and Headstone Manor.
No doubt they will be fired up to cause an upset, however, particularly if first team players are dropping down to help out.
Clapton CFC vs Walton Casuals Reserves is on Sunday, October 17 2021 at 2pm at the Stray Dog, Wadham Lodge, Kitchener Road, Walthamstow.
Advanced tickets are not needed, you can just turn up. Entry as usual is free but with donations welcome, with a suggested £3 for waged adults for competitive games.
We are collecting for our charity partners Magpie Project but it’s toiletries only, they can’t accept foodbank donations right now.
There will be a new caterer at the game – jollof and fried rice specialists TKS Grub.
We will have a mini programme available for suggested £1 donation.
The pandemic is by no means over and not every adult has had the chance to have both jabs yet. So although the government and FA have scrapped all rules, we are continuing with the safety measures below. We want everyone to feel safe and comfortable.
- If you’re arriving by public transport, a reminder that face masks are still compulsory unless exempt
- Spectators are encouraged to wear face masks indoors, such as when visiting the bar or toilets
- There’s hand sanitiser at the entrance and a QR code for those checking in on the app
- Free NHS lateral flow tests are available if you wish to take a test before the game
- Please follow the signs around the site and instructions from matchday volunteers
- Spread out around the ground as much as you can
Please do not attend if…
- You are ill or have symptoms of Covid-19 (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- You’ve tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 10 days or someone you live with has symptoms or tested positive
- You’ve been told you’ve been in contact with someone who tested positive by NHS Test and Trace or pinged by the NHS COVID-19 app
- You have arrived from abroad (not including Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or other parts of the UK) and are within your required quarantine period.
- Wadham Lodge is about 20 minutes walk from Walthamstow Central station. Turn onto Hoe Street and follow the road all the way along (past the junction with The Bell pub) until Chingford Lane. Continue past Sir George Monoux 6th Form College and take the first right onto Brookscroft Road then left onto Kitchener Road.
- You can catch a bus along that route too. The 357, 34, 97, 215 will all take you to the top of Brookscroft Road from Walthamstow Central. It will take about 12 minutes.
- There’s also car parking space available at the ground or on streets nearby.