Clapton’s women’s first team will be looking to continue our highly positive start to the season when we welcome Enfield Town Ladies Thirds to the Stray Dog.
Two wins and a draw have taken the Tons to the top of the league. It may only be three games in, but we’ll take it anyway.
Enfield Town are familiar foes in a way, having finished one place below us in the shortened 2021/2022 season.
However, last season they were Enfield Town Reserves, now they are the Thirds. The change is due to the Towners now fielding a team in a dedicated reserves league.
Some of the same players will take the field, though, and we don’t believe there has been any downgrade in quality. One to watch is Quinn Garner, with 3 goals in 2 games.
Our visitors have had a win, a loss and a draw in their three games so far. They lost to Bromley on the opening day, followed by an away win at Walton Casuals Reserves and a draw with Headstone Manor.
We may be in for a goalfest as there’s been 18 scored in ETFC’s three games this season, and 13 in ours.
Clapton CFC vs Enfield Town Thirds is on Sunday, September 26 2021 at 2pm at the Stray Dog, Wadham Lodge, Kitchener Road, Walthamstow.
Advanced tickets are not needed, you can just turn up. Entry as usual is free but with donations welcome, with a suggested £3 for waged adults.
We are collecting for our charity partners Magpie Project but it’s toiletries only, they can’t accept foodbank donations right now.
Fusion Foods are back selling hot food. They will have meat, veggie and vegan options and accept cards or cash.
We will have a mini programme available for suggested £1 donation.
The Matchday Centres bar will be open..
The pandemic is by no means over and not every adult has had the chance to have both jabs yet. So although the government and FA have scrapped all rules, we are continuing with the safety measures below. We want everyone to feel safe and comfortable.
- If you’re arriving by public transport, a reminder that face masks are still compulsory unless exempt
- Spectators are encouraged to wear face masks indoors, such as when visiting the bar or toilets
- There’s hand sanitiser at the entrance and a QR code for those checking in on the app
- Free NHS lateral flow tests are available if you wish to take a test before the game
- You can donate on the day or in advance to reduce cash handling
- Please follow the signs around the site and instructions from matchday volunteers
- Spread out around the ground as much as you can
Please do not attend if…
- You are ill or have symptoms of Covid-19 (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- You’ve tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 10 days or someone you live with has symptoms or tested positive
- You’ve been told you’ve been in contact with someone who tested positive by NHS Test and Trace or pinged by the NHS COVID-19 app
- You have arrived from abroad (not including Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or other parts of the UK) and are within your required quarantine period.
- Wadham Lodge is about 20 minutes walk from Walthamstow Central station. Turn onto Hoe Street and follow the road all the way along (past the junction with The Bell pub) until Chingford Lane. Continue past Sir George Monoux 6th Form College and take the first right onto Brookscroft Road then left onto Kitchener Road.
- You can catch a bus along that route too. The 357, 34, 97, 215 will all take you to the top of Brookscroft Road from Walthamstow Central. It will take about 12 minutes.
- There’s also car parking space available at the ground or on streets nearby.