On Saturday, Clapton CFC men’s first team face NW London for the eighth time, making them the side we’ve faced more than any other.
This one is back on the Wadham Lodge Stadium pitch for the first time this season – in fact for the first time in 126 days.
It’s also the Rage Sports derby with both sides wearing shirts designed by the ethical Italian sportswear company.
The Gorillas were, of course, promoted with us in 2018/9, modesty preventing us pointing out who won the title.
The all-time record between the two teams is super close. We have two wins, one draw and one defeat in league games, and a win, draw and defeat in friendlies.
This season NW London have notched up two superb away wins – 3-2 away at last season’s leaders Brentham, and a whopping 7-2 at Kensington Dragons.
But they also lost at home to CB Hounslow United Reserves and drew against AEK London last Saturday.
In other words, they’re superb on the road, just as the Tons are having notched up a tenth successive away win on Saturday.
Brazilian star Kaue Henrique is the danger man to watch for NWL with a record of 9 goals in 10 games across the last two seasons.
The club were founded in 2015 by manager Wasim Khan and secretary Samir Naji who are both from North West London, hence the name.
They have ambitions to reach the professional leagues within the next 10 years.
It’s an important game as we don’t have a league game for a few weeks so we want to maintain the gap we currently have.
Our games vs NWL are always entertaining chess matches as we both want to attack at every opportunity.
Great game for the neutral as we attempt to make it 6 wins on the bounce in honour of our comrade Marcin!CCFC player-manager Geoff Ocran
Clapton CFC vs NW London is on Saturday, September 25 2021 at 3pm at the Wadham Lodge Stadium, Kitchener Road, Walthamstow.
Advanced tickets are not needed, you can just turn up.
Entry as usual is free but with donations on the entrance welcome, with a suggested £3 for waged adults.
Before the game we will have a banner drop and hold a minute’s silence for Marcin, one of our members who died recently.
Please arrive at 2.30pm to take part in the banner drop and be prepared to observe the silence if you are in or around the ground just before kickoff.
We are collecting for our charity partners Magpie Project but it’s toiletries only, they can’t accept foodbank donations right now.
Fusion Foods are back selling hot food. They will have meat, veggie and vegan options and accept cards or cash.
We will have a mini programme available for suggested £1 donation.
The Matchday Centres bar will be open.
The pandemic is by no means over and not every adult has had the chance to have both jabs yet. So although the government and FA have scrapped all rules, we are continuing with the safety measures below. We want everyone to feel safe and comfortable.
- If you’re arriving by public transport, a reminder that face masks are still compulsory unless exempt
- Spectators are encouraged to wear face masks indoors, such as when visiting the bar or toilets
- There’s hand sanitiser at the entrance and a QR code for those checking in on the app
- Free NHS lateral flow tests are available if you wish to take a test before the game
- You can donate on the day or in advance to reduce cash handling
- Please follow the signs around the site and instructions from matchday volunteers
- Spread out around the ground as much as you can
Please do not attend if…
- You are ill or have symptoms of Covid-19 (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- You’ve tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 10 days or someone you live with has symptoms or tested positive
- You’ve been told you’ve been in contact with someone who tested positive by NHS Test and Trace or pinged by the NHS COVID-19 app
- You have arrived from abroad (not including Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or other parts of the UK) and are within your required quarantine period.
- Wadham Lodge is about 20 minutes walk from Walthamstow Central station. Turn onto Hoe Street and follow the road all the way along (past the junction with The Bell pub) until Chingford Lane. Continue past Sir George Monoux 6th Form College and take the first right onto Brookscroft Road then left onto Kitchener Road.
- You can catch a bus along that route too. The 357, 34, 97, 215 will all take you to the top of Brookscroft Road from Walthamstow Central. It will take about 12 minutes.
- There’s also car parking space available at the ground or on streets nearby.