Sankt Pauli speilt am Samstag, was tun?

When St Pauli games with 1200 kickoffs coincide with home games at the Stray Dog?

Our main forum section

Topic author
dowdinsk

Sankt Pauli speilt am Samstag, was tun?

Post by dowdinsk »

Some here will know already that I've been agitating about what we might do when St Pauli have Saturday games with a 1200 kick off and how we might combine that with our own home games. This situation occurs again coming Saturday when St Pauli play Greuther Furth, and then just ten minutes or less after the final whistle we kick off at the Stray Dog in a by no means inconsequential game against Ealing Town.

So I'm suggesting we might try to arrange for the possibility for some of us to watch the game together locally.

It would be nice if we had something (perhaps just very D.I.Y. - just sitting together in the pub or upstairs at Matchdays watching on our phones) in place for Saturday, and to see what could be built from there.

Suggestions? Indications of interest?

admin_ccfc
Site Admin

Re: Sankt Pauli speilt am Samstag, was tun?

Post by admin_ccfc »

dowdinsk wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 09:56 Some here will know already that I've been agitating about what we might do when St Pauli have Saturday games with a 1200 kick off and how we might combine that with our own home games. This situation occurs again coming Saturday when St Pauli play Greuther Furth, and then just ten minutes or less after the final whistle we kick off at the Stray Dog in a by no means inconsequential game against Ealing Town.

So I'm suggesting we might try to arrange for the possibility for some of us to watch the game together locally.

It would be nice if we had something (perhaps just very D.I.Y. - just sitting together in the pub or upstairs at Matchdays watching on our phones) in place for Saturday, and to see what could be built from there.

Suggestions? Indications of interest?
I think it's a good idea and it would be great if you'd find a solution (really honestly: I'm not a big fan of the proposals "we should do X" and then waiting for others to sort it out :D )
We got the Match Day Center contacts, the room, we can call, ask, we have the channels to promote it, we have the fans...
We only need somebody who can take the time and the effort to do it!

Topic author
dowdinsk

Re: Sankt Pauli speilt am Samstag, was tun?

Post by dowdinsk »

Yeah well, it won't be happening today as there doesn't seem to have been the interest this time round. Once back to 3pm kickoffs as the days get longer it becomes achievable to get from the Zeitgeist up to Blackhorse Rd. Maybe, to use Matt's latest acronym, WWOTD (when we own the Dog). There was some rumour about a Bowling Club room too, all behind the scenes FYI.

While we still have our kickoffs at 2pm in the depths of the winter, it's just about doable to get up to the Stray Dog for the 2nd half:
Vauxhall Underground Station at 14:02 via Victoria line to Blackhorse Road. Arrive at Blackhorse Road Underground Station at 14:26

And I'm not going to rise to the bait of 'really honestly: I'm not a big fan of the proposals "we should do X" and then waiting for others to sort it out :D'

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Topic author
dowdinsk

Re: Sankt Pauli speilt am Samstag, was tun? and now Sundays too!

Post by dowdinsk »

Revisting this as it takes on new relevance now we have our women's games at 2:00pm on Sundays. Today sees the first clash with St Pauli kicking off at 12:30, so that is even more problematic.
It'd be nice to imagine streaming the games at the OSD when we're eventually back in the clubhouse, but I've been told that could be prohibitively expensive?
So my question (too lazy to do my own research) is if there is any reliable way of watching whole St Pauli games later rather than live?