Top five most pivotal games of 18/19 season

Our main forum section

Topic author
thomas

Top five most pivotal games of 18/19 season

Post by thomas »

Repost from ClaptonCass:
I'm writing up a piece about the most pivotal games of our first season (men's team).

After a brief discussion last night I have a provisional Top 5, but thought I would crowd-source opinion/have a barney here.
Please give your top five below, ideally with your reasoning.

Topic author
thomas

Re: Top five most pivotal games of 18/19 season

Post by thomas »

Repost from Dowdinsk

In no particular order. Away to Stonewall at Barn Elms when it became evident that even the legendary Stonewall didn't have any support to speak of. Away to Star because they actually did have some fans -boisterous, noisy and even nearly fighting amongst themselves; andthat was when Geoffrey Ocran scored his goal for Clapton. Away to The Curve where they had almost no fans, Elliot floated in that lucky cross of his, and was it Charlie Fagan on the crutches leading the mini pitch invasion? (No apologies for lack of any serious punditry of numbers here.)

superbird5000

Re: Top five most pivotal games of 18/19 season

Post by superbird5000 »

Let's see... highly subjective but...

Home v Stonewall 5-1 - the fantastic atmosphere and the inkling that things were beginning to come together - we didn't lose another league game after that.

Home v The Curve - 6-5 - crazy game - begun to dare to believe we could win the league even though there was a lot to do and results had to go our way.

Home v London Samurai 3-2 - even more crazy game and became convinced that we could win the league as results HAD gone our way (if we didn't cock it up v FC Roast!)

Away v Letchworth 2-0 - beating higher league opposition in the Anagram Records Trophy

Home v Chipperfield Corinthians 3-0 Anagram Records Trophy - again beating higher league opposition but seeing the look on the Chipperfield faces when they came onto the pitch in front of 400 singing lunatics! Priceless!