A couple of suggestions

Our main forum section

Topic author
jackgg

A couple of suggestions

Post by jackgg »

Hi all,

Would be good to start using the forum to ping ideas around / suggest things to other committees imo.

A couple that I’ve been thinking about recently:

We could have a regular open training session (maybe once a month?) where anyone can turn up - I notice that Stonewall do this every week. Would probably need to be full or half pitch (rather than 1/4 which we have now), maybe with different sessions happening at the same time, depending on numbers (we’ve got 4 or 5 coaches now though I think so we’d manage - also good experience for them to take their own sessions)? Would be good to get some new (local?) talent in & competition for places. Would be up to Men’s 1st Team committee to put to Geoff/coaches I suppose.

Bit of a more controversial one possibly: Asking/making players & staff join as members - would be good to know that they are invested in the club as members and understand the values of the club. Might also help them feel more involved in decision making - could join committees if they wanted. Given that most (all?) players at this level would usually pay subs to play and ours don’t, I think £5 once a year (or more if they want) isn’t too much to ask? Alternatively I think I’m right in saying that in the past players were automatically members (albeit a different ‘class’ with different rights which we obviously don’t have any more) so we could suggest that instead? i.e. that registered players are automatically made members without having to pay. Don’t know which committee would deal with this, maybe for board to discuss? Would probably need a proposal brought at some point if a rule change would be required.

Thoughts on both/either?

dowdinsk

Re: A couple of suggestions

Post by dowdinsk »

Both good suggestions imho.
Re "Asking/making players & staff join as members" - I don't think that should be controversial at all seen in the context of CCFC aspiring to women's, youth and kids' teams in the near future, shouldn't all players and management be members with full voting rights, why would the Mens 1st Team be any exception?

Topic author
jackgg

Post by jackgg »

Thanks for the feedback, yeah I meant controversial in that as far as I know we haven't ever asked/demanded anything of players.
Will think about raising it as a proposal at a future meeting, to be honest it would probably be easier to implement it from next season, if it does go ahead (rather than mid-season).

The open training thing is just a suggestion which hopefully Men's 1st Team committee will discuss & consider.

paul_ccfc

Post by paul_ccfc »

Re open training sessions. Love the idea. This was something referenced at the general meeting but for Downs FC or part of the new development committee to run on CCFC's behalf. As a member of the 1st team, I'm happy to speak to Geoff and co about it. It would need to be separate to their Wednesday training as that's on a quarter (or is it half) pitch with not much space.

In terms of players being members, in favour of that too, just wondering how it would work. Would we charge and if so would it be the same price or have a separate player rate? Do you have to be a member before being registered to play a game, or is it after a certain number of games? And if you leave the club, would you keep or lose your membership? What about if the player joined a deadly rival?

dowdinsk

Post by dowdinsk »

paul_ccfc wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 12:33 In terms of players being members, in favour of that too, just wondering how it would work. Would we charge and if so would it be the same price or have a separate player rate? Do you have to be a member before being registered to play a game, or is it after a certain number of games? And if you leave the club, would you keep or lose your membership? What about if the player joined a deadly rival?
How does that all work for clubs such as Downs FC?
(from Proposal 7. Downs FC Collaboration from the Jan 30th GM:
"running costs have been met by player subs and by the committee")

paul_ccfc

Post by paul_ccfc »

dowdinsk wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 16:42
paul_ccfc wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 12:33 In terms of players being members, in favour of that too, just wondering how it would work. Would we charge and if so would it be the same price or have a separate player rate? Do you have to be a member before being registered to play a game, or is it after a certain number of games? And if you leave the club, would you keep or lose your membership? What about if the player joined a deadly rival?
How does that all work for clubs such as Downs FC?
(from Proposal 7. Downs FC Collaboration from the Jan 30th GM:
"running costs have been met by player subs and by the committee")
I don't think Downs FC's players have to become members. Player subs referenced above are the usual pay-to-play for Sunday football.

Would be interested to know how it works at other members clubs like FC United and Enfield Town, if someone fancies researching it.